In a quick ten minutes of research, I've found out a few interesting things about cycling in the Big Easy:
- Bikes can be rented for $25 a day at Laid Back Tours for out of towners like me.
- Laid Back Tours can also offer guided and self-guided tours of New Orleans at a great price
- It doesn't appear there are any bike lanes, though I think there may be some exercise trails, though the Louisiana Depart of Transportation does offer this bike map
- New Orleans is second to Portland, Oregon in residents who routinely travel by bike (reference)
- The only "hills" in the city are the levees used to keep the water out of the city