Friday, December 26, 2008

This Global Warming Thing Is Going To Work Out

After work this afternoon I crossed the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge and rode a few miles on the Iowa side. I don't know what the temperature was exactly, but I think it was near 50°F.

Recall that only a few days ago, the high temperature was around 5°F.

Totally weird. Almost all ice was gone from the streets. I felt kind of foolish riding on my studded tires, but there were still some slushy spots that might have been hiding some ice patches.

The nice weather attracted many folks out to cross the bridge on the day after Christmas. I only saw a couple of other bikers on the bridge, and they were wearing shorts.

I noticed today that my chain is a little rusty. I need offer up a little TLC to the drive train this weekend before it gets worse.

Get out there and ride before Old Man Winter comes back to town.

No comments: