Sunday, December 21, 2008

Over The Hill

A Midwinter Night's Dream

This post isn't about getting old, although spending almost all free time this past week on a bathroom remodel project is making me feel that way.

Today is Winter Solstice. That means that today was the shortest day of the year, and tonight is the longest night of the year. After today, the days will begin to creep up in length, while the nights grow shorter.

When cycling up a hill, it's nice when you get to the top and get to relax (or hammer even harder, depending on your style), letting gravity help you out.

Holy Crap, That's Cold

According to the weather forecast, it looks like tomorrow's morning commute will be around -12 degrees F, and the afternoon commute will be 9 degrees F. Sensibility is telling me to drive in, as I need the truck to go pick up something from the furniture store after work, anyway. However, the "never give up, never surrender" attitude is calling me to give it a try. Plus, I want to try out a new pair of goggles, and I figure what might be the coldest day of the winter is the best day. Plus, I never dug out my truck from the last snow we got, and I don't feel like doing it in the morning.

No comments: