Too convenient. At least twice this week I've chosen the bus trip home over a bike trip. Both days were probably some of the best cycling weather we've had all year.
- Cycled in to work with the temperature in the mid to upper 20s. Awesome ride. Learning how to ride in cold weather, at least for my short 5 mile trips.
- Felt tired in the afternoon, caught a bus home.
- Cycled in to work with the temperature in the low to mid 30s. Awesome ride.
- Parent/Student/Teacher conference for my daughter, didn't want to have to rush and to have clean up before the conference, caught a bus home.
- Each Thursday I leave work a little early to fetch daughter from home, drive her to a drama class downtown, and then return to work until class is over.
- I usually catch the bus home to avoid the cleanup.
- Overheard woman to driver: "The first time I saw a bike on a bus, I thought it was the driver's."
- Other bus rider to me: "Whoa! Did you just put your bike on the bus? How did you did you do that? How does that work?" As if the racks has previously been invisible.
- And then lots of other chatter from commuters who have ridden public transit it other cities.
Gosh, I'm feeling tired again. :) At least I've got my weekly Thursday excuse today.